Operation Martlet game #2 from TFL's Chain of Command pint-sized campaign book converted to IABSM. A British infantry company with tank support against a couple of platoons of 12 SS Panzer supported by a lone Tiger (historically should probably have been a Panther, but hey). Again on my 2' x 3' board using the excellent H&R 1/300 models and Leven buildings.
Setting up the Game
- Yes, Churchills are tough
- Even Tigers get unlucky
- Close range infantry fire is deadly, even when you're in cover.
- Rules get forgotten ... thats the fog of war ;)
- MGs can fire through smoke, but at heavily reduced rate (-3DR)
- Infantry fire from the side/rear is more effective
- Range effects AT accuracy and penetration. AFVs have front/side/rear armour values.